The Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 1 28.10 update patch notes are finally here. This update introduces a lot of content across multiple Epic Games experiences. Here are the full patch notes for this Fortnite update.
It’s been a little over a month since Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 1 has gone live. While players have constantly complained about the map for the current season, they’ve praised everything that they’ve seen in LEGO Fortnite.
The Fortnite 28.10 update introduces some new content in the form of skins and cosmetics to the game. Players will also be able to get their hands on the LEGO variants for the different Icon Series skins.
Here’s everything that’s been revealed in the Fortnite 28.10 update patch notes so far.
Solid Snake arrives in Fortnite 28.10 update
The Solid Snake outfit can finally be unlocked in Fortnite. However, there are a plethora of challenges that you will have to complete if you’re looking to get your hands on all the skins and cosmetics.
However, it’s worth noting that you need to get the Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 1 Battle Pass in order to access these quests. That concludes some of the important highlights of this update. Here are the official patch notes for the Fortnite 28.10 update:
Fortnite 28.10 update patch notes
Unrivaled in covert ops, few are more qualified to infiltrate The Society’s bases than Solid Snake. Complete Snake’s Big Bang Battle Pass Quests now to unlock the Solid Snake Outfit and accessories!
Don’t just battle as Snake, battle like him with stealth camouflage and a box for reconnaissance… EMP Stealth Camo and Cardboard Boxes await you on the Battle Royale Island! He who controls the battlefield, controls history.
Sneaking and Concealing: EMP Stealth Camo + Cardboard Boxes
A device capable of rendering the user virtually invisible for a short time, become a master of stealth with the EMP Stealth Camo. Even though this device has a cooldown, it has unlimited uses to help make obscuring a long-term strategy! You can’t attack while the EMP Stealth Camo is active, but you can disable it early by unequipping it, swapping to another item in your inventory, or simply deactivating it.
Upon disabling the device, you’ll unleash an EMP effect, damaging enemy Shields and bringing nearby vehicles to a stop! Find EMP Stealth Camos from the ground, Chests, or if you have the Bars, from Snake himself.
A bunch of emptied citrus boxes were found in a Ship It! Express warehouse. Now scattered throughout the Island, they may be of use to special forces operatives trying to conceal themselves… Hide in a Cardboard Box to blend in with the environment! You don’t have to sit still in a Cardboard Box, so try using it to advance secretly. Cardboard Boxes can be found from the ground, Chests, or for sale from Snake in exchange for Bars.
Found him! The Solid Snake Outfit is unlockable now in the Big Bang Battle Pass. Complete the Solid Snake Battle Pass Quests to unlock his Outfit and accessories.
A Trailsmasher on your tail? A Sports Car escaping you? Shift the gears of battle with the unvaulted Anvil Rocket Launcher! Lock onto a vehicle target and fire a rocket in its direction. The hammer’s coming down — Anvil Rocket Launchers are findable from the ground and Chests, and are for sale from Mecha Team Shadow in exchange for Bars.
Big Bang Battle Pass Super Level Styles
Want more looks for the already fashionable Society? Or more for hero Hope? With v28.10, Super Level Styles have been added to the Big Bang Battle Pass’ bonus rewards! Progress past Level 150 and start unlocking the Expressionist, Prismatic Terazzo, and Glasswork Styles of the Oscar, Nisha, Montague, Valeria, and Hope Outfits.
We’ve been closely monitoring Battle Royale gameplay data and community feedback and agreed that some balance adjustments needed to be made. Please see below for a list of balance changes that are included in the v28.10 update:
- The Enforcer AR has received a slight increase in bullet speed, damage, and headshot damage (and a reduction in bullet drop). This AR was lagging and needed a boost to compete with other weapon options.
- The Reaper Sniper Rifle has received a slight reduction in bullet speed (and an increase in bullet drop), as many Reaper snipes were too easy to land with little counterplay.
- The Hyper SMG has received an increase in overall accuracy via tightened bullet spread. Like the Enforcer AR, this SMG was lagging and needed a boost to compete with other weapon options.
- The Ballistic Shield has received a slight decrease in damage required to stagger the holder. This loadout option was often too powerful compared to others, especially in Zero Build.
- Storm circle speed, sprint speed, and Energy regeneration have been reverted to match the same speed from Chapter 4. These reverted speeds better fit the current ideal pace of Fortnite BR.
We’ll continue to monitor gameplay data alongside community feedback and make future balance adjustments if necessary.
- The EMP Stealth Camo, Cardboard Boxes, and Anvil Rocket Launcher are not included in tournaments.
- The Fortnite Championship Series 2024 begins soon! Check out our FNCS 2024 Details blog post for more info.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes be randomly eliminated in Snooty Steppes while walking along the cliffside.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your crosshair to flick in another direction while you were sliding and aiming down sights with a scoped Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where using the same Emote as a nearby player could result in you facing the wrong direction.
That concludes everything in the Fortnite 28.10 update patch notes. For more information about the game, check out the following guides:
How to land at Hot Spots in Fortnite | What does Siphon mean in Fortnite? | What are account levels in Fortnite? | Best Fortnite keybinds and settings for mouse & keyboard | Best Fortnite controller settings