While gameplay plays a vital role in whether a game title becomes successful, it isn’t the only variable in the equation. Availability allows games to reach wider audiences, and Fortnite simply struck gold from the beginning.
The game’s system requirements were easily matched by lower-tier PCs, quickly transforming it into a sensation. Epic Games was also quick when it came to introducing the game to other platforms like consoles and mobile devices, making it accessible to pretty much everyone.
Mac devices are mostly known as productivity machines, but all gamers will naturally question whether their Mac can handle some degree of gaming. Macs have no troubles running indie titles, but Fortnite can look like a stretch since you’ll essentially be playing with 99 other players, effectively increasing the graphics that you’ll need to render.
Fortnite was optimized well for MacOS, though, meaning you’ll have a decent gaming experience. It’d be unfair to expect a gaming PC tier performance, but you’ll still be able to get some smooth frame rates.
Here’s how you can play Fortnite on your Mac.
Download via the Epic Games Launcher
Unlike other hit games like Among Us, Fortnite is fully optimized to work on macOS. Epic also bundled everything inside a simple installer, so if you’ve downloaded Fortnite on PC before, the process should be familiar and easy.
- Head over to Fortnite’s webpage and click on the yellow “Download” icon toward the right top corner of your screen.
- Upon clicking the “Download” button, you’ll be asked which platform you’d like to play on. Select “PC/Mac” to continue.
- Click on “Sign In,” and you’ll then be asked to log in with your details. If you don’t have an Epic account, you can create one by clicking on the “Sign Up” option that works the best for you.
- After you enter your details, you’ll be navigated to a download page, and the “.dmg” file for the Epic Games launcher should start downloading automatically.
- If it doesn’t download automatically,…