Fortnite v15.10 is coming soon. Here’s what to expect.
On December 14, Epic announced that the first patch of Fortnite Season 5, v15.10, would be coming on December 15. This update is expected to include a plethora of bug fixes, a new “Performance Mode” on PC, and the long-awaited Winterfest 2020 event.
Here’s everything that you can expect when you open your game on December 15.
With this being the first patch of Season 5, there are a lot of bug fixes that should improve the experience on all platforms.
Along with some fixes to issues with the new Fortnite Crew system, these are all of the gameplay bugs listed as “Fixed in Next Game Update” on the Fortnite Community Issues Trello board:
- Multiple actions’ names are missing from the Custom Controller settings.
- Quests wrongly marked as “New.”
- Big Chuggus’ Character Collection tab lists an extra 3rd location.
- Fishing Collection Book leaderboard and friend progress not visible.
- Widow’s Light Back Bling not visible on PC with Effects set to Low.
- Certain NPCs are granting Storm Surge credit when damaged in Arena.
- Total Bars may rarely appear as 0 in a match.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if unreadied player leaves early.
Winterfest will return in 2020, likely beginning with the v15.10 patch. Even if we wake up tomorrow and don’t see the Fortnite map covered with snow, we can bet that it will activate later in the week.
Some of the expectations we have for Winterfest 2020 include the return of planes, Gift Floppers, an NPC snowman, and a snow-covered island.
We may even see some new thematic weapons added in this Winterfest update, but this is only speculation.
Fortnite is introducing a new setting in v15.10, called “Performance Mode.” This new mode will help lower-end GPUs keep up with the performance of some of the best on the market.
In essence, the new setting will lower in-game…