It looks like there will be more to the storyline in Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 5, according to leaks.
In Fortnite, there have been different storylines in previous seasons which have been somewhat confusing and do not appear to be linked. Donald Mustard, the Worldwide Creative Director at Epic Games, tweeted, “It’s ALL connected. Pay attention. The story is about to kick into overdrive…”
It’s ALL connected. Pay attention. The story is about to kick into overdrive…
— Donald Mustard (@DonaldMustard) August 21, 2020
This suggests that there will be more of a story being told in Fortnite Battle Royale which will likely be told over the course of Season 5 with the new bounty challenges and map changes that will likely occur. Dataminers have also found threads which show that characters are starting to remember parts of their past and where they came from.
Fortnite Season 5 Storyline
Here are all of the threads for the characters found in the files so far:
- After E.G.O.’s collapse, Remedy became a freelance medic who uses her unparalleled medical abilities on the battlefield to even the scales. She’s got a strong survival instinct and an even stronger sense of justice.
- Bushranger has no idea how he ended up on the island, but he knows that none of the other trees are quite like him. Until he can find his way home, he’s happy to live off the land and off the beaten path.
- Fishstick knows that he left his pond for a reason… a reason which he’ll definitely remember soon. He swears he was once a warrior of Atlantis, he just doesn’t remember where he left his armor, either.
- Kyle has dedicated his life to following The Way Of The Lumberjack. He’ll happily share his secrets with you if you can prove that you’re also a friend of the Way.
- Longshot’s perfect aim and incredible patience make him a terrific wildlife photographer, but that skill…