Rocket League fans, largely, rejoiced when they learned that Fortnite developer, Epic Games, had purchased the Rocket League development team, Psyonix. Rocket League is a brilliant game, but the monetization efforts weren’t too player-friendly – especially for a game that cost $30.
Fortnite, on the other hand, has one of the most user-friendly microtransaction systems in all of gaming. You can say what you want about Fortnite and the choices of the developers, but it’s hard to criticize their approach to monetization.
Epic has already been making its mark on Rocket League since its acquisition of Psyonix. They made the loot boxes transparent, made the game free-to-play, and are now bringing the first in-game event with unlockable cosmetics.
The ‘Llama Rama’ Fortnite crossover event will run from September 26 through October 12 and will give players the chance to unlock the Battle Bus cosmetic pack, Llama Wheels, the Loot Llama Decal, the Top Llama Topper, and the Llama Fly Antenna.
You’ll need to complete some in-game challenges to earn these rewards. The challenges haven’t been released at the time of writing, but we’ll be sure to update this post when the event goes live this weekend.
Update: Rocket League challenges released
The challenges are now live in Rocket League, which unlocks rewards for both Rocket League and Fortnite. Here’s a look at all of the challenges and rewards for the event:
- CHALLENGE 1: LLAMAS, START YOUR ENGINES!
- Rocket League Challenge: Play an Online Match in Any Playlist
- Rocket League Reward: Llama Flyer Antenna
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket League Spray
- CHALLENGE 2 – FLAGGED FOR VICTORY
- Rocket League Challenge: Win 1 Online Match in Casual with the Llama Antenna
- Rocket League Reward: Top Llama Topper
- Fortnite Reward: Holodata Drop Contrail
- CHALLENGE 3 – TOP OF THE WORLD
- Rocket League Challenge: Get 5 goals, saves, or assists with the Llama Topper
- Rocket League…